William Blount High School Beliefs
1. Student success is dependent upon each student’s accountability for daily attendance, social and academic engagement, and personal investment in the learning process.
2. Students are expected to meet or exceed set standards for achievement; therefore, these high expectations in both academics and citizenship must be communicated, modeled, and supported.
3. Collaboration among students, staff, parents, and community members is necessary to ensure a high-quality education wherein all students can excel.
4. Students have the greatest opportunity to learn in a safe, respectful, and caring environment when students, parents, and teachers are responsible for appropriate decision making and communication.
5. Classroom, state, and national assessment data are important tools for measuring educational growth, and these types of data as well as research-based information should be used to determine appropriate curriculum and instruction.
6. All students should have an opportunity to receive a quality education developed to meet their individual needs.
William Blount High School exists to provide all students with the skills needed to be successful in life. We partner with students, parents, and community members to create a safe and positive environment wherein data-driven and research-based information determine instructional practices. We hold high expectations for students – primarily that they be actively engaged in the learning process, collaborating with teachers and peers to meet or exceed set standards of achievement.